This mountain bike tour affords the luxury of being based in one location, but at the same time providing 4 days of awesome and varied off road trails – all within 15km of Pokhara. This itinerary can be tailored to meet most riding abilities, from those wanting a full-on workout to those more interested in admiring the mountain views from a rural location.
DAY 01 Arrival in Kathmandu
You will be met at Tribhuvan International airport by our representative and taken to the hotel which is located in the heart of the tourist district of Kathmandu, Thamel (approximately a 30-minute drive).
Depending on your arrival time, there may be time to explore the streets, sights and shops of Thamel or to relax after your journey, before joining your guides for an early evening welcome meal, where they will explain more about the coming days tour and activities.
DAY 02 Preparation & Sight-seeing Day
Following a relaxed breakfast at the hotel, someone from the Mountain Biking worldwide team will come to meet you. There will then be time to check over the bikes, with our crew member on standby to assist with any mechanical issues.
The afternoon will be free for a relaxed sightseeing ride around some of the sights and cultural points of interest that Kathmandu has to offer.
An early evening group meal will leave ample time for packing, ready for the early start the following morning.
Bike bags and luggage that are not required for the tour can be left at the hotel.
DAY 03 Kathmandu to Nuwakot – 53km Ride – 1090m Ascent
Whilst the riders get an early breakfast, the MTB-WW crew members will load the luggage onto the support vehicle which will leave whilst you finish your breakfast.
You will leave Kathmandu after breakfast, starting riding straight from the hotel. A gradual 10km climb through the streets of Kathmandu takes riders up to the Shivapuri National Park.
From Shivapuri, you will hit the dirt with a 3km steep climb, followed by a 14km descent and another brutal 5km ascent in the mid-day heat.
The destination of Nuwakot hosts the idyllic location of The Famous Farm Guesthouse, regarded by some as one of the most beautiful and tranquil spots in Nepal.
DAY 04 Nuwakot to Arughat – 51km Ride – 1900m Ascent
After an early breakfast you will leave for one of the hardest days of the tour!
Leaving from Nuwakot, there is a 10km sealed downhill section before you hit the dirt again. Over 50km of riding with 1900m of ascent follows, in sweltering heat and dusty conditions, this will be a test for even the toughest of riders.
You’ll finish the day in Arughat, a town that feels like it is in the middle of nowhere – because basically it is!
DAY 05 Arughat to Gorkha – 50km Ride – 1200m Ascent
Not as tough as Day 4’s trails, but still lots of dry and dusty climbing and descending. The final destination of the day is Gorkha, Nepal’s former capital, perched high on the side of the Himalayan foothills.
DAY 06 Gorkha to Besi Sahar – 60km Ride – 1200m Ascent
Day 6 will be one of the easier riding days of the tour! You’ll be able to enjoy a later breakfast, giving you a little extra time to recover from the previous days’ efforts.
You will start the day with a 7km downhill section, followed by around 23km of undulating terrain through a peaceful arable landscape. The final 30km is on rolling sealed road and this will bring you to Besi Sahar and the start of the Annapurna circuit.
DAY 07 Besi Sahar to Pokhara – 86km Ride – 1300m Ascent
Following breakfast, you will start the day with a 15km back track from Besi Sahar, before you start the 55km of scintilating and undulating off road trails that will bring you out at Begnas Lake in Pokhara.
A further 15km of sealed road will lead you back to the lakeside resort of Pokhara, where a luxury hotel and relaxing atmosphere awaits you.
DAY 08 Pokhara Relaxation Day
Day 8 gives you plenty of time to relax and explore the tourist enclave of Pokhara.
If relaxing isn’t your thing, let us know and we can book you one of the many adventure activities that we have on offer in the area, including paragliding, the world’s longest zip line, hikes, ultralight flights and more!
Alternatively, if after the tour your legs still aren’t tired, one of our guides can take you out to one of the viewpoints around the lakeside area where you will be able to see the snowcapped peaks behind you!
DAY 09 Transfer Day
After breakfast you will return to Kathmandu via a 25-minute short plane journey or the 8-hour bus journey (please state at time of booking which option you would prefer).
Once back in Kathmandu, there will be time in the afternoon for some trinket shopping or to explore some of the many temples and places of interest in the city.
Please let us know at the time of booking if you would prefer to stay in Pokhara a few extra days to check out some of the adventurous (or leisurely!) activities that it has to offer!
DAY 10 Depart Kathmandu
Transfer to international airport or continue on with own itinerary.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Lodges / Camp|
|Pokhara||02||Waterfront Resort by KGH|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.