This Sri Lanka cycle tour will take you past panoramic tea clad mountains, forests, beaches and national park. A perfect Sri Lanka memorabilia, if you have only few days to spend biking in this beautiful country.
Day 01 Arrive Colombo
You will be met at airport by our representative and taken to the hotel. (approximately a 60-minute drive).
There will then be time to check over the bikes, with our crew member on standby to assist with any mechanical issues.
Depending on your arrival time, there may be time to explore the streets, sights and shops of Colombo or to relax after your journey, before joining your guides for an early evening welcome meal, where they will explain more about the coming days tour and activities.
Day 02 Colombo to Kandy
Our guide meets at your hotel in Negombo/Colombo. After a short transfer, get ready for the day’s cycling. An easy paced ride takes us through the rural hamlets Sri Lanka and we finally arrive in Kandy.
Perched amongst the tea-clad hills of the Kandy Plateau, this is home to one of the most significant sites for Buddhists: the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic.
Distance cycled: ~ 30km / 18mi*
Day 03 Nuwara Eliya
Today is the most spectacular ride past tea plantations to Sri Lanka’s old British tea valley, Nuwara Eliya. With gradual climbs and few steep hills to conquer, it is a beautiful journey which takes us to the hill country of Sri Lanka with a climb of about 1,400m. The biking may be hard sometimes and the only thing that will keep you going is picturesque scenery, reservoirs, waterfalls and panoramic views of beautiful mountain ranges.
Distance cycled: ~ 60km / 36mi*
Day 04 Nuwara Eliya
It’s a classic loop today around Nuwara past tea plantations and waterfalls. Clumpy green hills covered in a moss like carpet of bright tea shrubs, keep us company through the ride. Nuwara is known as the hilly respite from the plains of Colombo, so expect clean crisp cool air to refresh you completely.
On our ride, we encounter tea pickers, undulating hills, small villages and small shops on the corners of the roads. Feel free to strike up a conversation. You will be delighted at the eagerness and warmth of Sri Lankans, to make guests feel at home.
In the evening, enjoy a stroll in the town.
Distance cycled: ~ 30km / 18mi
Day 05 Ella
Our next stop is the hill town of Ella.
Riding from Nuwera, we pass through grasslands, forests, dairy farms, wind mills to reach Ella. Standing at an elevation of 1,041m, Ella is a little off-beat town when compared to Nuwera Eliya with views of green mountains around.
You can explore the town of Ella on foot.
Distance cycled: ~ 50km / 30mi*
Day 06 Udawalawe National Park
Ella is an excellent place for a walk and short hike. We recommend to take an early morning hike to the nearby areas such as Little Adam’s Peak or Rawana Falls.
Have a late morning start and ride to Udawalawe National Park along gravel roads, through forests with grass lands, shrubs and teak plantations of Sri Lanka. Be careful while riding through an initial descend as we drop from about 900m to 80m within a short distance. After a long patch of flat terrain, finally enter the Udawalawe National Park, home to hundreds of Sri Lankan Elephants and other wild animals.
A true jungle experience with well planned safaris and knowledgeable staff, the national park helps you assimilate the wildlife at close quarters.
Distance cycled: ~ 60km / 36mi*
Day 07 Tangalle
Go on an early morning safari in Udawalawe in search of Elephant herds. And, then off to Tangalle, following one of the irrigation canals flowing towards the south. Time for an infusion of something different in the topography – bananas! The crisp air of the countryside and the rural setting is perfect to understand and enjoy the interiors of the country. As we near to Tangalle, is when we hit the main road. And that’s when the warm clammy seaside air hits you, sometimes heavy with the weight of the smell of fish. If we stick to timing, there will be no better way to spend the evening than to see the sun descending into the Indian Ocean, off the coast of Sri Lanka.
Distance cycled: ~ 60km / 36mi*
Day 08 Galle
Ride to Galle through coastal and interior trails. Post-lunch, explore Galle Fort on foot. Erstwhile Gimhathiththa, the town is rife with Dutch and Portuguese architectural remnants, museums, cathedrals and a beautiful coastline to enjoy the sunny beaches.
Evening, Farewell Gala Dinner.
Late night transfer to airport for flight to onward destination next morning.
Distance cycled: ~ 40km / 24mi* (optional)
Day 09 Depart Colombo
Flight to onward destination.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Lodges / Camp|
|Colombo||01||Taj Samudra Hotel|
|Kandy||01||Earls Regency Hotel|
|Nuwara Eliya||02||The Grand Hotel|
|Ella||01||Hotel On Rock|
|Udawalawe NP||01||Grand Udawalawe Safari|
|Tangalle||01||Palm Paradise Cabanas|
|Galle||01||Le Grand Galle
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.